Brake Pad Installation (Audi TT MK1 – 2FN) How to change brake pads (DIY)

How to change Audi TT brake pads

Hi Guys,

I rencently changed the brake pads on my TT and did not find an easy “how to change Audi TT brake pads”. So I decided to create one. Here’s my DIY guide!

So read-on! Enjoy,

Andre

1 – Take the wheels off the car. Did I really need to write this?

2 –

3 –

4 –

5 –

auti-tt-mk1-8n-brake-pad-installation-diy

6 –

7  –

Advertisements

About andre-martin hobbs

I started this blog just recently because I have so much fun modifying my MK1 TT... that I need to let the world know! And it's also a good reference when looking back at my mods. Ciao for now! Andre
This entry was posted in Audi TT MK1 Performance and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Brake Pad Installation (Audi TT MK1 – 2FN) How to change brake pads (DIY)

1. Marc LeRapide says:

Loved your DIY brake pads replacement, it’s true, it’s easy, and maybe easier . You don’t really need a speciaty tool to push back in the pistons, a strong pair of hands or a large pair of wide mouth adjustable pliers will do usually .
    Just my opinion! !
    Keep on rolling André

Marc LeRapide

2. mactigercat says:

Nice instruction. did you change the pads only or the whole set?

3. Chris says:

Hey, don’t forget to tell people about the proper bed in procedure for bedding those new brake pads! Also, find the right pad for what you need it for, there are considerations to think about when getting a pad for high performance, more here: http://www.cquence.net/blog/brake_pad_properties_and_differences/

4. David says:

Thanks for taking the time and posting this valuable info

5. Andy says:

Brilliant – Just what I needed – Thanks Andre.

6. Mark Zoom says:

What about the rear with the e brake?

7. John Stuart says:

I have a 2002 TT. I started on the rear left and was not able to compress the piston enough to get enough clearance between the new pads and the rotor. I gave up and put the old pads back on. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to crack open the brake line and bleed off some fluid?

8. jm says:

Shouldn’t you turn the rotors every time you change brake pads?

• No, not at all. You are not required to turn them if they are still in good condition.
      If you have the V6 (250hp) rotors, they are so thick that you would really have to work hard (eg lock wheels at very high speeds) to warp them.

9. You have shared a good info about Audi TT brake pads. The given steps are very easy and understandable. I am also going to change the brake pads and planned to change them in coming sunday.